How to Choose the Right Commercial Roofing Contractor
When it comes to roofs, we’ve all heard some horror stories about homeowners being conned by rogue roofers who have taken the money and run after doing a shoddy job – or in some cases, no job at all. This is why it can be so difficult to choose the right roofing contractor to repair or replace your roof. For commercial or industrial building owners, getting the right roof over your head is essential for business success, so today we have some tips for you on how to make sure you hire a roofing contractor who will provide you with a roof that will last for years to come.
- Ask around – one of the best ways to find a roofing contractor who does a great job is by word of mouth. Ask other owners of similar local premises for recommendations as this can be the most effective method of getting an honest evaluation of the services provided by roofing companies. There is no better advertisement than a satisfied customer.
- Guarantees – make sure that the commercial roofing contractor you hire offers official guarantees on their work. These guarantees (or warranties) should cover the materials used and other maintenance requirements. A guarantee ensures a fair and more consistent result from the materials used and the work carried out.
- Accreditation – check that any roofing contractor you consider hiring has the correct accreditation to carry out the type of roofing work you need done. Accreditation should give you confidence that your roofing contractor has been audited by an official organisation. These accreditations may range from general accreditations related to sustainable business methods, to directly related ones, and ensure that your commercial roofing contractor is sufficiently qualified in the correct skills to work on your roof.
- Testimonials – check your roofing contractor’s website for testimonials from satisfied customers. These testimonials should include “before and after” photos of the work carried out and should provide you with a good idea of the type of work they do and the services they provide.
- The type of work to be carried out – all of the above will depend, to some extent, on the type of work you need to have done on your commercial roof. On larger scale roofing projects, such as industrial roofing, it’s vital that you have complete confidence in the skills and abilities of the commercial roofing contractor you choose to do the work. For instance, if you need a commercial flat roof installed, make sure the roofing contractor you choose to engage has plenty of experience of new installations, rather than experience of small repairs.
To summarise, it’s vital to take into account all of the above issues and weigh up the experience and knowledge of any roofing contractor you consider hiring. If their work and their products are of high quality, they will be more than happy to offer guarantees and testimonials of their previous work. Whatever type of roofing work you need to have carried out, on whatever type of roof, all of these factors should be considered before making a commitment.