Five Top Tips to Choose the Best Roofing Contractor for Commercial Premises Owners
Repairs, refurbishment and upgrades on the roof of a commercial or industrial premises can be costly, so it’s vital to choose the right roofing contractor to do the necessary work. Here are some tips that building owners can use when looking for a roofing contractor to carry out repair or refurbishment work on the flat roof of their premises.
- GO LOCAL – if at all possible, it’s best to choose a local roofing contractor to carry out the work. This means that if there are any problems later on, or if you need any advice or assistance after the work has been completed, it will be easier to arrange this as the contractor will be local to your area. It’s also the case that contractors who carry out work in their own areas depend heavily on word of mouth recommendations for future work. This means that they are likely to be a reputable company that will do good work.
- GO ASK – With so many roofing contractors obtaining work through the “word of mouth” advertising model, ask around and choose a roofing contractor who has good online reviews and a good reputation among other local business premises owners. As the see examples of roofing work in your area that a roofing contractor has already undertaken. Find out what accreditations the roofing company has as these will be a good measure of the quality and standards of their work.
- GO SPECIALIST – Look for a roofing contractor who specialises in the type of work you need done. For business, commercial and industrial premises owners, this means choosing a company that specialises in commercial roofing projects. Then find out what credentials the roofing contractor has in these areas before making a final decision.
- GO QUALITY – any quality competent roofer will be willing to provide you with a free consultation and quote for the work so you should never have to pay for these. A reputable roofing company will also advise you of the different options available to you for your roof, without putting you under pressure to make a decision. If a roofer turns up promptly, answers and returns your calls and does what they say they’re going to do, this is a positive indication of their trustworthiness and reliability.
- DON’T GO CHEAP! – while getting good value for your money is a vital aspect when choosing a roofing contractor to work on your commercial premises, opting for the cheapest quote available may be a mistake. A cheap quote alone should not be a determining factor when it comes to choosing a roofing company. The most important factors should be the quality of the workmanship and the materials used. A cheap job, badly carried out with shoddy materials is a false economy that will cost you a lot more money in the long term. Paying a slightly higher price for a roofing project will often result in premium quality in the long term.